Dr. Brock Eide of Neurolearning SPC is today’s guest on the EdTech Startup Show.
Neurolearning SPC was founded in 2014 by learning specialists Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide and technology innovator and entrepreneur Nils Lahr. They came together to address the need for accurate, accessible, and affordable tools that could help children and adults with different learning and cognitive styles, including dyslexia, to flourish.
Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide are leading experts in the fields of dyslexia and brain-based learning (neurolearning). They are the authors of the internationally best-selling book The Dyslexic Advantage (2011), and of The Mislabeled Child (2006). They also co-founded the 501(c)3 non-profit Dyslexic Advantage, which is a leading source of information on the strengths and challenges associated with dyslexia, and one of the world’s largest online dyslexia communities.
Dr. Brock Eide and I discuss these videos:
“Because I’m Dyslexic” from The Dyslexic Advantage YouTube channel
“What You May Not Have Heard About Dyslexia” from The Dyslexic Advantage YouTube channel
Dr. Brock Eide shares his expertise around these topics and questions:
- How did he and his wife become focused on serving the dyslexic community?
- What are the signs of dyslexia?
- How can adults support children with dyslexia?
- What are some stories of successful people who have overcome dyslexia?
- Why did Dr. Brock decide to create his app Neurloearning SPC?
- And more
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave the podcast a rating and review on iTunes. Subscribe to The EdTech Startup Show to catch every new episode. And share this episode with an educator, entrepreneur, or parent. in your life.
Want to hear more conversations with literacy technology entrepreneurs? Listen to these episodes:
- Michelle Brown, CEO of CommonLit
- Eileen Murphy Buckley, founder of ThinkCERCA
- Matthew Gross, CEO of Newsela
Thanks for listening,